Monday, June 9, 2008

Vancouver Sneak Preview

It will take me a bit longer to prepare my Race Report from last weekend's race in Vancouver, the World Championships. That's me with the blue shoulder stripes on the left - >

Perhaps you, my audience (all 3 of you), can help me by choosing an apt title for the upcoming blog post. Consider it a sneak preview of how my race went, but here are some options for titles and sub-titles (feel free to offer your own). Just go ahead and enter a comment so I know someone is out there:

  • Vancouver Kicked My Butt
  • Something Resembling Swimming
  • Kept It Under the Panic Level
  • Agitation Cycle
  • Capsizing Rescue Boats (the surf did it, not me)
  • A Slice of Humble Pie
  • Slaying My Dragons: Fear, Doubt, Pride
  • Lap 4 of the Bike Route a Ghost Town
  • Passed NO ONE on the Bike
  • Something Sometimes Resembling Running
  • Lessons In Under-Training
  • The Courage To Be Last
  • A Shadow of My Former Self
  • Getting to Know the Friendly Volunteers
  • Making Excuses
  • Throwing in the Towel
  • My So-Called Race
  • Is This Bonking?
  • I DID IT!


1 comment:

Ann said...

HEY ! I heard conditions SUCKED !!! and your previous description of the bike course seemed pretty awful, too, so I'd just have to say Congratulations to you for competing. Results are just numbers, the effort is what's memorable.